Transfer at 07.15 to 07.45am from your accommodation in Reykjavik. After a drive to Landmannalaugar, a beautiful rhyolite area, we will go for a relaxing walk, and you will be able to take a bath in a natural hot pool, and enjoy a meal and an overnight stay at a hut in Landmannalaugar.
- June - August
- Price from:
- $ 1,515,-
- 5 days / 4 nights
Iceland's most famous trek - from hut to hut - 5 daysDates and prices
The best-known of all treks in Iceland, this trail leads from the famous valley of Landmannalaugar in the southern highlands, south to Thórsmörk valley north of the great Eyjafjallajökull glacier. On the way, you will cross the third-biggest geothermal zone in the world, pass yellow rhyolite mountains, black deserts and green valleys. Accommodation is in comfortable mountain huts. Escorted tour with luggage transportation. International groups of 6 - 12 people will be guided by an experienced Icelandic trekking guide. A perfect outdoor holiday trip to Iceland!
We will start early and only carry the things we really need. At first our hiking path is slowly uphill until we get to the hot spring area of Storihver. After we have passed Hrafntinnusker, we will have a great view and walk on the plateau, until we descend to Lake Alftavatn and our hut for this night.
Walking time: ca. 8 hours
Today we will cross a few rivers and walk over areas of sand and gravel, to enjoy the vast country and its solitude. The region is rather flat, but you can admire the surrounding glaciers and mountains. We will stay in a hut at Emstrur, and have a meal there.
Walking time: ca. 6 hours
We will start our day with a walk through an impressive canyon, to get a great view on the Myrdalsjokull glacier. We cross the river Sydri-Emstruá on a bridge, where the trek continues easily along the Markarfljot river. Before reaching Thorsmork, we’ll need to wade through a river called Thronga, then stay in a hut, where we will have dinner.
Walking time: ca. 6 hours
On our last day, we will climb the hill Valahnjukur, to catch a great view over Thorsmork's scenery. After lunch, the bus departs at 14:30 to Reykjavik, arrival time is 18:00.
Walking time: ca. 3-4 hours
- Sleeping bag
- Warm underwear (no cotton)
- Walking socks and good used hiking boots
- Shoes for crossing the rivers (slippers, trainers…), and some to use during the stays in the hut
- Fleece or angora jackets, tracksuit
- Gore–Tex jacket and trousers
- Gloves, cap, swimsuit, sunglasses
- Thermos and lunch box
- Sunscreen, flashlight
- Backpack to carry your daily luggage during the walks
- Walking sticks (give more safety when crossing rivers)
- Plaster for blisters and medicine for personal use
Package price per person $
|between 01.06.-31.08.||$ 1,515,-|
You can request the vacation you would like to book, and we will check the availability and contact you via e-mail within 48 hours to confirm the availability.
- Bus tour from Reykjavik to Landmannalaugar
- Bus tour from Thorsmork to Reykjavik as shown in the itinerary
- Transportation of luggage on day 2 and day 4
- Sleeping bag accommodation in mountain huts from day 1-4
- Full board that starts with lunch the 1st day and ends with lunch the 5th day
- English or German speaking trekking guide
- Flights from/to Reykjavik
- Travel insurance
- Overnight stays in Reykjavik before/after the trip